[Axiom-developer] Re: [open-axiom-devel] [fricas-devel] Re: use of `fix

From: Martin Rubey
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: [open-axiom-devel] [fricas-devel] Re: use of `fix proposed'
Date: 25 Jan 2008 09:28:45 +0100

Gabriel Dos Reis <address@hidden> writes:

> | How about splitting status fix proposed into
> |
> | 1) fix proposed                              (i.e, patch attached)
> | 2) fixed in one of OpenAxiom, FriCAS, Axiom  (a shorter name would be
> needed here)
> |
> | ?
>
> That sounds good.

OK, I'll implement this if there is no protest.  (I must say I'm very happy
that you made me think of this possibility!)

When I implement it, please bear with me: I will be unable to upload patches to
every Issue that is marked "fix proposed".

About usage, what do you think:

1) fix proposed

   would be used if a patch is attached, no matter whether the patch has been
   included in one of the systems

2) fixed in one of OpenAxiom, FriCAS, Axiom

   would be used if no patch is attached, but the issue is fixed somewhere

or

B:

1) fix proposed

   would be used if a patch is attached, but it hasn't been fixed in one of the
   systems

2) fixed in one of OpenAxiom, FriCAS, Axiom

   would be used if the issue is fixed somewhere, regardless whether a patch is
   included or not.

I vote (from the top of my head) for B, but I'm not sure.  In A, I would have
to move an element from (2) to (1) when I include a patch. B seems to be a
little less work for those who fix an issue in "their" system.

Martin