Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: Axiom: fixed and fixed proposed bit vectors

From: Bill Page
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: Axiom: fixed and fixed proposed bit vectors
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 15:14:08 -0500

William,

Unfortunately your proposal below is quite dissonant with how the
current ZWiki/Zoped-based Axiom Wiki actually works. Unlike some of
the other options discussed by Martin, implementing this cannot be
done simply by adding new entries to a table of allowed values for
various status fields already defined the issuetracker object. Instead
I think it would require some deep changes to the underlying python
code which are not a likely to be generally applicable to other users
of the ZWiki package who use this same issuetracker code. But of
course if someone is willing to make and maintain such changes to the
software that we use for Axiom Wiki, I am quite willing to discuss it
further.