Re: [Axiom-developer] Axiom Abbreviated Category and Domain graph

From: root
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Axiom Abbreviated Category and Domain graph
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2008 02:51:48 -0400

>> For a small subset of the algebra and showing only the abbreviations
>> I have created a test page. To see the page you'll need a rather new
>> copy of the browser. Go to:
>>
>> <http://daly.axiom-developer.org/dotabb.html>
>>
>> The blue rectangles are categories, the yellow rectangles are domains.
>>
>> I'm building the complete graph of the algebra, both in abbreviated
>> form and full text form. The graphs will be available in the new firefox
>> browser front end. The plan is to key the algebra documentation to the
>> graphs, assuming I can figure out how to hot-spot the graph.
>
>This looks very nice!

Thanks.

The full name version, rather than the abbreviations, is much more
interesting. In particular, I needed to insert subsumption nodes
that do not appear in the algebra files explicitly but which
Axiom "knows". I should have a corresponding alpha test version
up in a few hours.

I'm also puzzling over how to handle packages.

I've only done about 1/4-1/3 of the algebra so far. I stopped at
this point to try to think about presentation issues before going
further.

>I wonder how difficult it would be to place a slider on the page which
>would adjust the scale?

That wouldn't be difficult in some sense since the numbers 0.25, .5, etc
are just function args. Of course, I'm not familiar with sliders but
after all the twists it took to get this working, how hard can it be?
There is no such thing as a simple job, though.

The image itself is an SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics) file so it looks
ok at any resolution. I'm still trying to figure out the steps to
automate the whole process. Eventually it will be part of the build.

What I'd like to figure out is how to get the relative coordinates
of the mouse so I could use the mouse click to choose the algebra
file. I hope to use this to drive the documentation in the new
firefox front end; click on a domain and you hyperlink into the
proper place in the books, right-click and you can choose the kind
of help you want (source, examples, related work, etc)

And once the algebra, in all its glory, is completed I'm hoping to
create a wall poster. I haven't been able to find any software that
can print an image larger than a single screen.

Tim