[Axiom-developer] Axiom Fullname Category and Domain graph

From: daly
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Axiom Fullname Category and Domain graph
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2008 02:49:45 -0500

For a small subset of the algebra, using the full name of the category
or domain, I have created a test page:

<http://daly.axiom-developer.org/dotfull.html>

blue = category, yellow = domain, green = subsumption node

In some cases the signature of the user of a category or a domain
uses a more specific instance rather than the most general value.
For instance, using "1" instead of "Integer". In that case, in order
to make the graph connected there is a new node, I call a subsumption
node that makes the transition from the specific to the more general.
These nodes exist in the algebra but only the runtime can make the
connection.

This graph clearly needs work but its nearly 4am and I need sleep.
It seems that there is a bug computing the length of text versus
the length of the bounding box. Since the bounding box is used for
spacing there can be text overlap unless additional separation is
imposed. I don't seem to be able to get a grip on the text metrics
computation to fix this.

There is no such thing as a simple job.

Tim