[Axiom-developer] Fwd: Axiom in debian

From: Bill Page
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Fwd: Axiom in debian
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2008 18:06:53 -0500

Chris,

Thanks for the "heads-up". I have forwarded this to all the usual suspects.

The version of Axiom in Debian is certainly a rather old version, but
the situation is complicated somewhat by the existence of the two
forks of the Axiom project. As you probably already know, Camm Maquire
was (and as far as I know still is) the maintainer for the Axiom
package on Debian.

I believe that a .deb package is available for FriCAS but I do not
think there has been any concerted effort to put that in the Debian
distribution.

In my case I do use both FriCAS and OpenAxiom on Lenny but I build
directly from the original source distributions.