Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: OpenAxiom-1.2.1 released

From: root
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: OpenAxiom-1.2.1 released
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2009 15:15:53 -0400

> > The OpenAxiom project has the exact opposite goal of writing everything
> > in boot and developing boot as a language.
>
> Alright, now that becomes more clear.

> What is common between Axiom and OpenAxiom then?

You have the sources. Do
  diff -r --brief axiom openaxiom
and you'll see that they are almost nowhere the same.

> Do they have the same mathematical library?

No. Almost, but no. And that changes more every week.

I scan the commit logs of both FriCAS and OpenAxiom to pick up
changes.  You'll see Waldek mentioned in several Axiom patches from
FriCAS.  Those are patches that Waldek wrote for FriCAS that I
understood enough to apply. If I can't understand the reason for a
change then I can't pick up the change.

Axiom has algebra changes. I do not see the same patches being
applied to OpenAxiom or FriCAS.

Tim