[Axiom-developer] new release and SuSE Linux

From: Martin Baker
Subject: [Axiom-developer] new release and SuSE Linux
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 15:46:15 +0100

Tim,

Would it be possible to check the planned new release under SuSE Linux
(because on  SuSE the virtual memory limit is set low by default).

All that is necessary to check the problem is to run something that uses a bit
of memory like draw and also to try to compile something from the command
line. That is )co somefile.

and if required put:

ulimit -v unlimited

in the startup script. Or at lest put a warning about this on the release
notes.

Even better would be to put into the SuSE build service like OpenAxiom have
done.  As you can see here:

http://software.opensuse.org/search?p=1&baseproject=ALL&q=open-axiom

this automatically generates rpms not only for SuSE but also for Fedora,
Mandriva, etc.

Unfortunately I don't have any skills or knowledge in doing this otherwise I
would offer to help.

Martin Baker