[Axiom-developer] Fwd: Re: eq? in book-index

From: Eugene Surowitz
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Fwd: Re: eq? in book-index
Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 12:57:03 -0400

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: eq? in book-index
Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 12:45:18 -0400
From: Eugene Surowitz <address@hidden>
To: daly <address@hidden>

I've been busy writing a paper due tomorrow.

I agree with you that a "page"
is an ill defined notion in xml/html.
That the target page of the index page (not the index page itself)
has multiple nearby entries is no issue to me.

With the multiple references to the target page,
it is nice to be pointing near the particular reference.
But, since there no way, from the index entries,
to tell which is the most appropriate reference,
I don't much see need for more than one entry.

But that just my view and given that the current
index was essentially hand generated I don't
intend to go further in that direction for the moment.

Rather I'm starting to look at something that has
no index at all, that is, bookvol5.pamphlet.

Further thoughts?

Eugene J. Surowitz