Re: [Axiom-developer] Bootsys and Depsys history

From: Ralf Hemmecke
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Bootsys and Depsys history
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2011 19:36:35 +0200

Thank you, Tim,

it's always good to learn about the historic aspects.

I do not know what your particular problem is but I thought I'd give you
some history about the different images and why they exist.

Recently, Waldek removed BOOT in favour of SHOE. Then he switched to compile the .boot files with bootsys. While seemingly FriCAS compiles fine, libaxiom.al currently does not.

The first problem was missing parentheses in ax.boot. But there is another one which I am currently trying to track down. If I didn't have "git bisect run" I would give up. But so it's just waiting for the computer to show the bad commit.

Ralf

PS: Yes, I'm still hoping that one day Aldor becomes free. ;-)