Re: [Axiom-developer] [fricas-devel] Re: overlabel

From: Eugene Surowitz
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] [fricas-devel] Re: overlabel
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2014 17:29:01 -0400

Actually it sort of looks just plain wrong.

Lamport LaTex says \: provides medium spacing rather
than whatever the default would be;

Spivak Joy p.220 talks about spacing similarly but
he seems flub it in line (12) of his example versus
his discussion below it -- missing a colon in the TeX.

So the notion of "something over something else" seems
to have gotten lost.  And in the interpreter's output
\: looks appropriately used, for spacing.

Gene