Re: [Axiom-developer] Axiom on Mac OS X

From: Sarvagnan
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Axiom on Mac OS X
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2014 18:08:12 +0530

Hey,

Thank you for the great work! I've been reading the mailing list and I'd like to thank Camm as well.
The binary works on my computer.

Sarva

On Tue, Jul 29, 2014 at 3:03 AM, Tim Daly <address@hidden> wrote:
Sarvagnan,

I have removed noweb from Axiom so it should not be a problem.  Axiom
now uses its own literate tools, compatible with latex so pamphlet files
are now standard latex files.

I build Axiom on a MACOSX machine. The sources and binary have been
uploaded. The binary should work but, if not, you can build from the
sources with

    tar -cxf axiom-aug2014-src.tgz
    cd axiom
    export AXIOM=`pwd`/mnt/MACOSX         <<-- MACOSX is the SYSNAME
    export PATH=$AXIOM/bin:$PATH
    make

Camm Maguire was vital in getting this to work. The Axiom community owes
Camm a great measure of thanks for all the work he has done over the years.

Tim