Re: [Axiom-developer] Semantic Latex

From: James Davenport
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Semantic Latex
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2016 18:05:32 +0000

Indeed, the semantics of LaTeX is pretty weak. I REALLY wouldn't like to start
from there - even (good) MathML-P, with ⁢ etc. is much better.
However, LaTeX is what we have, and what we are likely to have in the near
future, so we must live with it, and yours seems like as good an accommodation
as any.
Another problem is that mathematicians do not mean what they write:
$\frac{x+1}2$ is logically an element of Z(x), but the mathematician probably
intended Q[x].
James

Sent from my iPhone