[Axiom-developer] Boot code

From: Tim Daly
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Boot code
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2017 12:58:26 -0400

Boot code is just a set of lisp macros.
The only existing documentation is here:
http://daly.axiom-developer.org/boot.tgz

That said, Axiom converted all boot code to common lisp.
I can do that for you. Converting it to common lisp is also
a good time to consider explaining it in text.

The fact that boot code is known to half a dozen people
and actively used by slightly more than one means that
it is a dead language. Common Lisp is widely spoken and
is supported by a standard. If Axiom is going to be maintained
and modified by the next generation it needs to be implemented
in a well-understood language.

As for Axiom internal documentation for the interpreter,
it is under active development. Visit
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Axiom_(computer_algebra_system)
and look at volume 5 (the interpreter). Any insights you have and
are willing to document I'd be glad to add.

Tim