axiom-mail

[Axiom-mail] compilation of .as files within axiom

From: Ralf HEMMECKE
Subject: [Axiom-mail] compilation of .as files within axiom
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 13:30:50 +0100

Could someone point me to some documentation about the use of .as files to extend AXIOM?

I've just compiled AXIOM and realised that the Aldor compiler is not in the distribution. OK, it's not too difficult to get it from aldor.org and install it.

But what I am missing is libaxiom.a[l].

I have found it here

dragonfly:/zvol/axiom/cvs>find |grep libaxiom
./axiom/src/share/algebra/libaxiom.al

but not in the installation directory after 'make install'.

I would find it very helpful if after a compilation there would be a line printed which points me to some web-page (or even local page) where I then can find additional things that need be done in order to get a complete system (like installing TeXmacs and aldor, and copying libaxiom.al by hand etc.)

Ralf Hemmecke