axiom-mail

[Axiom-mail] Creating a Stream from a function calculating coefficients

From: Marcus Better
Subject: [Axiom-mail] Creating a Stream from a function calculating coefficients
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2004 13:52:52 +0200

Hi all,

I have written a package which calculates coefficients of a certain power series. It has a function which calculates the next coefficient, given all previous coefficient:

  nextCoeff: List K -> K

(here K is the coefficient domain).

How can I use this to create a lazy Stream of all the coefficients? I tried using delay, but cannot seem to get it right. (I am doing this inside a package.)

Marcus

Marcus Better
Department of Mathematics                      Tel. +46 8 164539
Stockholm University                           Fax +46 8 6126717
SE-106 91 Stockholm
Sweden                                     http://www.math.su.se