axiom-mail

Re: [Axiom-mail] FW: [Maxima]

From: Bob McElrath
Subject: Re: [Axiom-mail] FW: [Maxima]
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 10:25:22 -0700

Bill Page address@hidden wrote:
> Someone anonymously tried the following command on MathAction.
> Is there any interest in a Maxima interface on MathAction? If
> so, then I would be willing to work with someone how knows
> Maxima to accomplish this. It should be quite easy.

Yes yes yes!

Maxima over Reduce, I say, as Maxima is free.  This kind of integration
and comparison will help to improve all.

I'm sorry I am extremely busy with physics projects right now, but I
still want to consolidate your work on external algebra systems.

Basically you've been copying my ReplaceInlineLatex.py and
latexWrapper.py for each new algebra system.  I would rather have one
ReplaceInline... which does regex matching and HTML stuff (there is much
code duplication currently) and dispatches to some kind of class which
just gets handed the code and returns html.

Also someday I plan to plug this all into the StructuredText class,
which will give it more rigor.  (Since zwiki and latexwiki are a pile of
regexps, it's not too hard to make all this fail)  I can identify
\begin{...}...\end{...} as a block in a StructuredText module, and hand
it off to a plugin to render...  See my StructuredTextLatex.py which is
a start in this direction.

But as you have been doing all the work on this, what I wan't doesn't
really matter, now does it!

Thanks for your work!

Cheers,
Bob McElrath [Univ. of California at Davis, Department of Physics]

    It is unpatriotic to question the Kleptocracy.