axiom-mail

RE: [Axiom-mail] What is gazonk*.c

From: Bill Page
Subject: RE: [Axiom-mail] What is gazonk*.c
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 12:07:55 -0400

On October 23, 2006 11:56 AM Themos Tsikas wrote:

> Try a
> )trace SYSTEM
> before anything else
>
> You could try
> )set functions compile off
> which will not use the compiler for functions.

Good suggestion! Note: This option only works properly on
versions of Axiom after patch-49, circa September 2005. Prior
to that some function definitions in the interpreter required
'compile on'.

> It seems some misconfiguration is present with your C compiler.

Yes, I think so.

> Mine says
> cc1: error: unrecognized command line option "-fwritable-strings"
> and I have
> gcc version 4.1.0 (SUSE Linux)
> installed

What version of Axiom are you using? I think Axiom compiled with
newer versions of gcl should not have this problem.

Regards,
Bill Page.