axiom-mail

Re: [Axiom-mail] Installing mathaction

From: Bill Page
Subject: Re: [Axiom-mail] Installing mathaction
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 11:27:49 -0400

On 7/17/07, Roger Mason wrote:

I'm looking for instructions on installing mathaction locally.  The
instructions at http://wiki.axiom-developer.org/InstallingMathAction
refer to a time when LatexWiki and MathAction were not incorporated
into ZWiki.

I have looked around the web but failed to find current instructions.
Please accept my apologies for troubling you if this is posted
somewhere and I missed it.

Thanks for any help,

The ZWiki site:

 http://zwiki.org/Installing

refers to installation instructions that are included with new
versions of ZWiki:

Related products

Here are some other products that you may want to install to enhance
your zwikis:

   * LatexWiki and MathAction - allow typesetting and mathematical
markup in wiki pages - latex, axiom, reduce, graphviz, etc. (These are
plugins now, please read the corresponding README.txt files for
additional installation steps.)

----------

The version of MathAction that is part of ZWiki is a good way to get
started. Simon (the ZWiki primary developer) has said that he is
committed to maintaining this version. If you are interested in the
specific variant and the enhancements that were made to the Axiom
Wiki:

http://wiki.axiom-developer.org

Then I would be quite willing to help you modify the ZWiki version to
achieve some of these effects. In fact the version of MathAction that
supports Axiom Wiki is quite far out of date and requires updating to
the new ZWiki base software, however because of the way in which
changes where make to the Axiom Wiki site these changes can not be
easily ported to the new ZWiki. Any help and added motivation to make
this change for the Axiom site would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Bill Page.