axiom-mail

Re: [Axiom-mail] Axiom does not start

From: Fabio S.
Subject: Re: [Axiom-mail] Axiom does not start
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 11:51:57 +0100 (CET)

The "cc1" error appears to imply that you don't have the compiler installed.
GCL uses the install C compiler. Try
 )set function compile off
and see if the problem goes away.

I'm not sure what the second error is.
I'll have to build an unbuntu 64 machine and see if I can reproduce it.
This will take some time.

Tim

This mail is just to let you know that I dowloaded the ubuntu64 bin of the latest (2009-01) release and it works, thanks.

BTW, computing speed doesn't seem to increase with respect to when I run with compiling off: does this mean that compiling is just turned off by default?

Thank you

Fabio