axiom-mail

[Axiom-mail] Exponential Integral (UNCLASSIFIED)

From: Segletes, Steven (Civ,ARL/WMRD)
Subject: [Axiom-mail] Exponential Integral (UNCLASSIFIED)
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 12:27:01 -0400

Classification:  UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

I was tickled to find mention of my exponential integral (E1(x)) fitting algorithm at http://www.axiom-developer.org/axiom-website/patches/20080119.01.tpd.patch .  As noted there, the accuracy of my published fit is only 4 decimal places.  Years ago, I  extended that original fit to greater precision (with more parameters of course), if it is of use to anyone, though I have not published the extensions.  I do not subscribe to your maillist, but am happy to provide the fits, should you provide your request to me at address@hidden

Regards,
Steven Segletes
U.S. Army Research Laboratory
Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD 21005-5066