axiom-math

RE: [Axiom-math] PAFF package question

From: Bill Page
Subject: RE: [Axiom-math] PAFF package question
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2006 01:38:47 -0500

On November 4, 2006 12:22 PM David Joyner wrote:

>  Does anyone on this list know about the PAFF package for AXIOM
>  written by Gaétan Haché? It does Brill-Noether computations,
>  Riemann-Roch computations, etc.

> There is a web page for it
> http://www-rocq.inria.fr/codes/Gaetan.Hache/PAFF.html
> but I don't know enough about AXIOM to know if it actually works.
> I've been unable to contact the author.

David,

Thanks for pointing this out.

I don't know anything about the mathematics but, yes the package
seems to work as documented by the author. See

http://wiki.axiom-developer.org/SandBoxPAFF

It's also in my /home directory on sage.math.washington.edu so you should
be able run it like this:

  sage -axiom
  (1) -> )cd /home/page/PAFF/examples
  (1) -> )lib )dir ../spad