ayttm-devel

Re: [Ayttm-devel] Some cleanup undone

From: Philip S Tellis
Subject: Re: [Ayttm-devel] Some cleanup undone
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2003 19:21:33 +0530 (IST)

Sometime Today, Andy assembled some asciibets to say:

> Hi guys.  I was just looking at the source for 0.2.1 and I noticed that the
> merge of the  triggerdecls.h into trigger.h was undone.  I also noticed that

well this was done when I was trying to remove gtk dependencies.  As it
turns out, the changes to contact.h means that this is no longer a
problem, so I'm thinking that it will go back to one file again.  Sorry
about this.

> in a bunch of files the includes I removed were put back in [e.g.
> chat_window.c between version 1.22 and 1.23].  Any reason?

This is also related.  When I moved around and cleaned up some of the
headers, I removed many includes from the header files, which left the
source files inconsistent.

I could have gone one by one, checking which ones to add, but I had
already been coding 5 hours straight that morning, and 4 hours the
previous night - with not much sleep in between.  The easiest thing was
to just throw in all the headers.

In all likelyhood things will get almost back to the state you had left
them in.  There may be a few additional includes, but these will be
minor.

The reason for the cleanup was really smaller binary size.  I had done
the cleanup in everybuddy and our RPM went from 3.5 MB to 1MB.  It was
pretty hard to believe, especially since I was hacking it over ssh
without access to X!

Philip