baby-devel

Re: [baby-devel] info 4 engine

From: Jérôme Kunegis
Subject: Re: [baby-devel] info 4 engine
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 10:44:18 +0200

Hello,

Le Friday 03 June 2005 23:00, amed l'infedele a écrit :
> hi
> well job!
> one hint
> exactly how i must do 2 use another engine?
> I like 2 use Crafty as engine.
> Crafty is right installed & works fine.
> I have try 2 use it inside BabyChess but ...
> first I linked Crafty in
> /usr/share/babychess/share/engine
> second I copied files inside there;
> NO good!!!
> Any hint is welcome.
> PS
> ur prog. is so nice & light, simply 2 use &
> seems 2 work well: i will try 2 use it as interface.
> thx
> byez
> Adriano Medves

Thank you for your interest in BabyChess!  To specify an engine, click on "New
game" to open the game editor, then in the "Engine" menu click "Choose
engine", then click on "an XBoard engine and enter the filename in the entry
box.  If the engine is not in the search path ($PATH), you'll have to enter
the whole absolute path, then enter a name for that engine and click on
"Save".  The engine will be saved as a new engine in the list.  Then in the
play window the new engine should appear as one of the options.

The current system is not easy to use at all.  I'll try to program a new "Add
engine" command in the menu and in the "play window" "new game" dialog.

Anyway, I hope that helps.

Regards,
 Jérôme KUNEGIS