baby-devel

[baby-devel] chill

From: Eleanor Pearson
Subject: [baby-devel] chill
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 17:48:30 -0700

No one quarrelled with his seriousness, especially when it was asmiling seriousness. Her brown eyes seemed to swim with a light that puzzled him.
But half the women one wants arent the women onecould live with. Occasionally he met Pentreath whowas at St. Christopher thought that he had never seen his father looking sohappy and so well. His impetus swung him along,and he cultivated this impetus.
It wasgood to be able to feel as he was feeling.
He had seen woman in her squalor and her anguish, pathetic,horrible, clean and unclean.
Gibbins provided him with breakfast and a hot meal atnight.
He did not move, but laylooking at Kit with a curious and aggressive shamefacedness. The young outlineof his face had a tender severity, and the tenderness was for skyand trees.
On Saturdays he played soccer for the hospital.
Then he opened the door, and going to thehead of the stairs, called down them to someone below.
They drew chairs up to thefire and sat down. Freda is at home, no servant, so she doesthings. AndKit, in the out-patient department, had seen women with that lookupon their faces.
Kit found himself looking moreattentively at Molly Pentreath.
Therewere times when he would address himself with scornful severity. Its like going about hungry, andseeing a basket of fruit at every corner.
You dont let agarden get overcrowded with a lot of weedy rubbish. He had seen woman in her squalor and her anguish, pathetic,horrible, clean and unclean. Besides, if you went, they might send another doctor, and wedrather have you. A few crudities loosenedthemselves from Kit during that week-end.
Expect I shall be alittle sleepy over the programmes and the teas to-morrow.
Most young men funk theirresponsibilities, but Kit did not.
I have had my share, but I have set my fruit in the sun.
His room hadtwo windows and a mahogany door, a bookcase, and two or three oddchairs. There were times when he felt that he was missing things, life,adventure.