baby-devel

[baby-devel] voluminous

From: Louise Tyler
Subject: [baby-devel] voluminous
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 16:39:17 +0200

Soon the surge heaved in again, to swell and growand mount high, and go crashing to ruin. He turned clear over in the air, and slid down into the sea.
With our luck and the changeof weather we were once more happy fishermen.
Inlife these teeth had the physical property of moving to and fro, like theteeth of a reaper.
The depth therecould scarcely have exceeded a foot. Nor were theysinging for any other reason save the joy of life!
I have heard some fish stories in my day, and this one ranks high. The sun shone now and then, the wind blew a gale about as often. He bitreadily; nevertheless I could not hook him. Then on a low, level slope Iflushed a skylark out of the grass. It sort ofaggravated me to watch these boats run away with a fish. I had imagined the northeast trade-wind ofthe Gulf to be about the worst.
I have known such strange facts myself, really stranger thanany homespun fabrications.
Such a game fish should be giventhe same sporting chance afforded to others. He bitreadily; nevertheless I could not hook him. By handling him gently I savedboth fish and line.
This mighthave been accident; but I was not one who could deem it so.
The most bewilderingly preposterous andstunning fish stories sometimes are true.
Ominous clouds inthe west loomed up, however, and in the night a heavy storm broke.
I whooped my congratulations ending with, Lucky Mitchell!
He turned clear over in the air, and slid down into the sea. As Itrolled along, suddenly I espied an albatross wheeling and sailing aroundour boat. I hurried out there, and found they were doing as I had seen mostof these New Zealand boatmen do.
He tore free from thehook, and in plain sight took another bait thrown to him. Following that we espied a hammer-head fin.
My Marlin swam on with the big bait plainlyvisible between his jaws. From a fishermans standpoint, how was I ever going toovercome such monumental handicaps? There was one lonesome horse on the island, and I appeared always toencounter him on my walks.
All this happened in a half a minute or so.
At any rate, they arrived and they were hungry. I reeled inthe long line without saying a word. We had one fairly good day, comparedwith the last week or so, but that was not by any means calm.