baby-devel

[baby-devel] sadly FYI

From: Jeff Hendricks
Subject: [baby-devel] sadly FYI
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2006 23:38:24 -0400

By God, somethins sure upset the ole man.
He wanted bounteous praise for his acts, but hehad a deep, genuine kindliness and tenderness. Gant surveyed the proceedings from afar with Jannadeau, grinning. As the days shortened, they would come by dark, or under the heavylow-hanging autumnal moon. She could not conceal the tremor of her voice. You and the Old Man like tomake out youre paupers, but youve a sock full of money. Both Ben and Eugene were by nature aristocrats. No one ever did anything for me, he howled. Do you think its right to send him out on the streets with everylittle thug in town?
What he earned, all the history of hislife away from home, he kept in jealous secrecy.
It is death, Veronica, he said, and now I may speak. And men, fascinated somehow by this strangeeloquence from a little boy, bought. Eugene wanted the two things all men want: he wanted to be loved,and he wanted to be famous. I dont want it, but Ill buy it just to hear you talk. Hes read everything in the library by now.
Dearest, dearest, she whispered, and he saw her face was wet withtears. Tackle them, and dont take no for an answer. To this land of employment and this method of exploitation Eugenewas now initiated. You need the understanding a mature womancan give you. Gant, Eliza bridled, also pleased, you oughtnt todo that to the child.
Hell make his mark, said all the men intown.
Oh, twah-twah, said Luke, with mincing delicacy, as the boyssniggered, sweet twah-twah!
Of so and so, they mightsay:Hes not worth powder enough to kill him.
Eliza, recollective and hurt at what hadbeen said, worked on. His fame was chameleon, but its fruitand triumph lay at home, among the people of Altamont.
I consider myself as good as any one, she said, with dignity. I dont know what you mean, she said angrily. And,laughing and excited, he would send them out into the streets.
Here, son, give me one of the damnthings. Remorseful food stuck vengefully inEugenes throat. His fame was chameleon, but its fruitand triumph lay at home, among the people of Altamont. He wanted bounteous praise for his acts, but hehad a deep, genuine kindliness and tenderness.
Why, I dont know what youre talking about, boy, she saidimpatiently.