baby-devel

[baby-devel] telethon semester

From: Aubrey Wilson
Subject: [baby-devel] telethon semester
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 00:16:52 -0700

Cora and I feel as if we had lost the best friendwe had. How can you go away and leave melike this?
There will be nothing important in it, anyway.
She and I will have to go to Cleveland, ofcourse. Her folksand his were chummy all their lives.
Yet she had not entirely thrown him over. Herheart had been in shaky condition for a long while, and she musthave suffered a great deal. During the week following the death Carey labored hard at the booksof J.
And you and George were her only nearrelatives.
Her nerves are on the tremolo most ofthe time and I have my hands full with her. To his surprise her first speech touched directlyupon his own thought. He was solemnlyinspecting one of his mammoth boots. The latter,however, did not catch the meaning in her look. When her own readingwas finished her face was as white as his.
I felt it my duty toinform you of your good fortune, for the reasons I have heretoforementioned.
A part of this was dueto Emilys light spirits. That woman wouldmake a fust-rate forard lookout aboard a vessel. I am SO sorry you cant go on thatexpedition.
To-night, however, he was surprisedto find the house illumined from second floor to kitchen. That is what he says, in somany words, and he was her lawyer. How much did you say they were altogether?
She, too, sprang up and stood beside him. The tone of speech caused her to glancequickly at the young lady and then at her husband.
George, his odd glumnessnow apparent even at home, paid little attention.
He will bemore glad than any one to know you are to have it. Occasionally he called at the Sayles home.
She never forgot his birthday; her Christmas present for him alwaysarrived on time. Emily and hermother, the latter especially, felt Mrs. I was up to thepost office last night and Sam Griggs give it to me.