bayonne-devel

[Bayonne-devel] Is Bayonne suitable now for a "big" multi-purpose teleph

From: Sylvain Falardeau
Subject: [Bayonne-devel] Is Bayonne suitable now for a "big" multi-purpose telephony service?
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 17:29:05 -0500

Hi all!

I am currently on a telephony project and have to develop differents vocal
interfaces for various project for a client. I have heard of Bayonne as a
telephony application server and I have to be sure it can fullfill my
requirements.

I have downloaded Bayonne and ccScript to see the scripting language provided
with the system. As I can see, it's a simple language that can manage
standard voice application (answer, play prompts, record, etc.) with special
events handling (hangup) without doing multiples "if state == hangup..." in
the code. For my project, I have to allow the system administrator to create a
"call flow" without coding. Here is an example:

              1 pressed /---[Language = English]---\
                       /                            \
  Ring! --> [Selector]--------------------------------[Other module]--- etc.
             (prompt)  \
              0 pressed \-- [Transfer to operator]

The boxes [] represents high-level "instructions" contained in a database.
This building blocks will be configured via a Web interface and the sysadmin
can choose the control flow by "connecting" all the blocks. This way, the only
thing I have to program is this high-level blocks.

To do this type of interpreter that load databases informations and follow
the control flows, I need for sure database access and ideally a powerfull and
dynamic programming language (I have choosed Python).

Is it possible with TGI or other technique to pass the control to a Python
script that will handle all the call flow? Is the Python script will be able
to do play(), record() and other telephony functions or is ccScript really
necessary? I see "libexec" in ccScript that call external function but the
control stay in the ccScript (the "libexeced" command can only set variables,
it cannot play, record or hangup. Wrong?)

The system will run on analog Dialogic cards but will be used on PRI Dialogic
card shortly.

Thank you for your help.

 -- Sylvain