bayonne-devel

[Bayonne-devel] Outbound calls with OpenLine4

From: Anders Wittfeldt
Subject: [Bayonne-devel] Outbound calls with OpenLine4
Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2002 21:35:20 +0200

Hi,

Please have patience with me, a few weeks ago I thought IVR was some kind of illness.. ;-)

There has been previous discussions on bayonne-devel about problems with outbound calls using Voicetronix cards. After increasing the dialtone detection timeout in bayonne.conf and applying the dial.cpp-patch sent to the list in april 2002, I'm now able to dial out using "dtmf" but not "dial".

As far as I can understand, this is because of a broken "call state handler" on Voicetronix cards (which "dial" uses and "dtmf" doesn't)

So, my questions are:

1. Has anybody had any luck whatsoever with "dial" and Voicetronix cards?
2. Using "dtmf" followed by "sleep" to delay the first voice prompt until the user (hopefully) has picked up is not very reliable. Is there a better way?

I'm running Bayonne 1.0.0 on SuSE Linux 8, Voicetronix OpenLine4 pci + driver version 2.2.19.

Thanks,
Anders