bayonne-devel

[Bayonne-devel] Re: Mysql module problem

From: David Sugar
Subject: [Bayonne-devel] Re: Mysql module problem
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 06:07:08 -0400

Yes, there are some issues where we share connection handles in 1.x database drivers. In the ccscript3 module I tried playing with where connections occur and how sessions are managed to reduce or eliminate this kind of blocking and maybe some of that should be backported. But having a seperate connection from each trunk is also workable. My only concern is with overhead on high port density systems, though it certainly is better than the situation it is replacing :).

Etoile Dièse wrote:
Hello,

In the version 1 of Bayonne, when a SQL request is long, or blocked for example because the table is locked by another request, if the user hangs up, no more mysql request can be done and every trunk doing it remains blocked.

The reason is that the mysql module object is unique and protected by an internal mutex. The mutex is positionned before the operations and when the request is suddenly interrupted by the hangup, the mutex stays in a blocked state.

We modified the file mysql.cpp for using a private mysql connection handler for every trunk that needs it. I will post the patch against the 1.2.14 version as soon as we have tested it (this week-end).