bayonne-devel

[Bayonne-devel] Project status, synway, sip, and troll

From: David Sugar
Subject: [Bayonne-devel] Project status, synway, sip, and troll
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2005 15:43:14 -0400

This morning I released 0.9.4 with some bugfixes for Bayonne 2. As I am going to have less availability for the next week or so, I wanted to cover the issues I thought are most demanding of immediate review in Bayonne 2:

First, I have not had a chance to go through the new synway documentation yet. I hope I do get some time to do so soon, so that I can get a more complete partial driver framework out to those looking to complete it.

On the sip side, I have started a migration to exosip2, but this is not yet complete or usable. This is actually a priority because there are a number of features which will only become possible to impliment once we fully support exosip2.

On the troll side, I think the most important thing to fix, debug, and complete is the new low level join and peering code. Support for passing dtmf signaling already exists through queEvent, but not to do anything yet when receiving a dtmf event on behalf of another channel where it then needs to be "generated". The join state needs a tie back to existing Bayonne tone generation, and the sip/rtp driver needs to also be able to generate either 2833 packets or sipinfo messages to complete gateway operations once basic peering issues are tested fully and worked through satisfactoraly.