bayonne-devel

Re: [Bayonne-devel] input processing issues, solved

From: David Sugar
Subject: Re: [Bayonne-devel] input processing issues, solved
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2005 12:19:59 -0400

Ah...collect used to be with var= in bayonne "1". There are probably a few commands that did not get revised properly in the current docs...Hmm...I will take a look at read (stateRead in engine/states.cpp) later and see what might be happening with that one...

Alexandre BOULANGER wrote:
Ok I found an answer with no more blank time:
        collect %myvar count=8

I was abused by the "Scripting Bayonne" PDF where the syntax was:
        collect [var=&sym] [count=digits]

so I have always tested things like:
        collect var=%myvar count=8

I've also tried without success the following piece of code, %myvar
keeps a NULL value
        collect count=8
        read %myvar count=8

Thanks for the advice

I think "collect" is what you would normally use for this case. Read generally deals with parsing dtmf digits that have already been buffered. You could either use collect in front of read, as in:

        collect count=8
        read %myvar count=8 format="????????"

Or possibly do it in collect itself:

        collect %myvar count=8 format="????????"