bayonne-devel

[Bayonne-devel] libeXosip2 will be used in very next bayonne releases

From: David Sugar
Subject: [Bayonne-devel] libeXosip2 will be used in very next bayonne releases
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2005 16:25:51 -0500

I am still suffering from intermittent networking issues, but while I
was offline, I had a chance to get a lot of new work done in Bayonne sip
that I had held off for awhile.

While largely a leap of faith, I have decided to migrate the very next
distribution (release) of Bayonne2, for both 1.0.x stable sets and 1.1.x
testing, to use libeXosip "2".

One of the more immediate benefits is that sdp negotiation will be
session independent rather than globally set.  Support for tcp as well
as udp sip connections also exists in libeXosip2.

The original sip drivers build for libeXosip (1) will continue to be
distributed with the package, and the w32 builds will continue to use it
for now.  They will also be selected if libeXosip2 is not installed.