bbdb-user

RE: Patch for Build under MSW + MSYS2

From: Roland Winkler
Subject: RE: Patch for Build under MSW + MSYS2
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2018 21:50:07 -0600

On Sun Feb 11 2018 Vincent Belaïche wrote:
> Here are the answers to the two points that you raise:
>
> > - Why is it necessary in a cygwin environment to call cygpath at
> >  this place?

I am sorry, you misunderstood:

I was not requesting more explanations to be posted on this list but
some brief explanations becoming part of the patch.  So if one day
in the future someone stumbles across these lines in Makefile.am and
knowing as little about these things as I do, he or she might find
some guidance to understand the code.

Yet with this thread having grown to this point, a link to this
thread on the GNU list server should be sufficient.  I guess this is
one of the advantages of the new mailing list: everything will be
preserved!

Yet also one technical question: do you need the square brackets in
the sed regexp?  I do not see an alternative anymore in the revised
patch.