bbdb-user

Re: Big changes recently

From: Roland Winkler
Subject: Re: Big changes recently
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2018 21:34:14 -0500

On Sun Mar 25 2018 Rob Walker wrote:
> Up until about a week ago (3/17 pretty much), everything was going
> well, records were being automatically added by Wanderlust, etc.
>
> Now that I have bbdb-20180317.2155 installed, I get the following
> message every time a record is automatically added:
>
> Retrieving...done
> created Piwik Analytics’s record with address "address@hidden"
> Duplicate BBDB record encountered: Piwik Analytics [3 times]

I could reproduce the warning "Duplicate BBDB record encountered"
which was fortunately harmless, and I've installed a patch.  Could
you please check the latest version of BBDB on savannah?

I am still puzzled that apparently you got the warning "Duplicate
BBDB record encountered" three times in a row, which suggests that
bbdb-register-record is called three times for a new record, though
it should be called only once.  I cannot reproduce this.

Can you possibly provide a recipe for reproducing this before you
install the latest patch for BBDB?

Thanks.