bbdb-user

help for newbie

From: Michael
Subject: help for newbie
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2018 09:04:29 -0800

Hello
I am curious if there is a list or irc channel for a total newbie.
I don't know the first thing about lisp and what I read in comments here.
I have used mutt and abook for many years, but like the way gnus looks, so may
try that or vm. I know nothing about rmail or wanderlust.
So, is there somewhere I can ask beginner questions without being a bother on
this list? Also, I read the README, and of course, it's over my head :)
I'm sure it's great for those that understand lisp.

Maybe I've bitten off more than I can chew. I just want to try and use bbdb
with email.

Thanks for any help!
Mike

oh, btw, I use OpenBSD and FreeBSD if that makes any difference. If there is a
linux distro that helps set up the programs, I'm willing to try till I learn
how to manage bbdb on my own with these systems.
I do have bbdb installed via elpa.