bbdb-user

Re: bbdb-mua-display-recipients keybinding in bbdb-gnus.el

From: Roland Winkler
Subject: Re: bbdb-mua-display-recipients keybinding in bbdb-gnus.el
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2018 12:41:54 -0500

On Wed Sep 5 2018 Gijs Hillenius wrote:
> I'm about to use/define a key to add an email address entry
> whenever I write to someone who is not already in bbdb.

This already exists: BBDB can hook also into mail and message mode,
in much the same way it hooks into modes that display messages you
have received.  Or am I misunderstanding what you want to do?

> ;; (define-key gnus-summary-mode-map "'" 'bbdb-mua-display-recipients
>
> What about gnus-article-mode?

Why do you want to do that in buffers displaying messages you received?

> Would it be possible to re-define ":" to that it would do
> bbdb-mua-display-sender and bbdb-mua-display-recipients in Gnus'
> article mode and summary mode? Or is that confusing?

Again, I do not understand your actual goals here.

Roland