bbdb-user

european phone numbers

From: urs
Subject: european phone numbers
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2018 23:13:00 +0200

Hello,

I run Emacs 24.5.1 and installed bbdb by using

M-x package-install RET bbdb RET

thus obtaining bbdb version 3.2 according to my package list

I live in europe and got an error when inserting phone numbers thus I tried to change phone number parsing by putting

(setq bbdb-north-american-phone-numbers-p nil)

in my init.el

This, however, did not have any effect. I therefore searched all the bbdb*.el files in my ~/.emacs.d/elpa/bbdb-3.2 folder and wasn't able to find any definition or usage of this variable whatsoever. Thus I'd like to ask if anybody knows what the problem is. Do I maybe have the wrong version of bbdb?

Thanks a lot!

Urs