beaver-devel

Re: [Beaver-devel] Translations

From: Michael Terry
Subject: Re: [Beaver-devel] Translations
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 11:14:05 -0400

Leslie Polzer wrote:
adjustable tab size

You wrote something about HIG and tab width - can you explain further?

The HIG and tab stuff was about the document tabs -- previously they were being cut off at an arbitrary number of characters. The HIG says that variable length tabs are good and I agree. If you have a long filename, you have a long filename.

Speaking of confusing the document tabs and whitespace tabs, in the current View menu, I allow changing the whitespace tab length, and the document tab position. I use the word Tab for both and it's confusing. Can you think of another word for the document tabs?

undoredo support

I don't know if it has catched your sight but some weeks ago I found
a segfault where undo/redo after 'Save As' failed. I fixed it with
an assert because there was a null pointer access; the segfaults were gone,
but undo/redo wasn't possible after 'Save As' either.
I'm glad I do not have to dive into this further, this action stuff seemed
very complicated to me (can't say whether it was hackish or not).

I got into it a bit. Not terribly hackish -- the issue of undoredo is not as simple as one would hope. But yes, I'm very glad we don't have to bother anymore. :)

-mt