bibledit-general

[be] Building BE (was: Savanah and communicating)

From: Dennis Drescher
Subject: [be] Building BE (was: Savanah and communicating)
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 17:04:14 +0700

Hi Wolfgang,

Just an update on packaging BE. With Martin's help last week I made an attempt on building and packaging BE. We kept running into a build dependency. It was something about a fake or empty package that it didn't need yet it didn't seem to exist in the first place. Martin wasn't totally sure about what was wrong and so I'm completely lost. I'm not sure where to go from here. I guess when I get some time I'll try just building it on my machine and see if that works. But even if it does, that doesn't get the package made. Sorry if I let you down, this is still all magic to me so I have no clue as to what I'm doing. So, I guess this is really ok because no one would want to use a package built by someone who didn't know what's going on. :-/

Dennis

Wolfgang Stradner E wrote:
Great, sounds good,

Wolfgang

Dennis Drescher wrote:

Teus Benschop wrote:

I have no knowledge of creating .deb files. Probably other person who know about .deb could tell.

Hi Teus,

I have very limited knowledge in this area but I'm planning on learning as soon as I get the beta version of my publishing system packaged. From what I've been told BE is not too hard to package into a .deb package once you have the environment set up. I'll try to get to it as soon as I can.

Thanks,

Dennis