bibledit-general

Re: [be] Bibledit 3.7 in SIL repositories?

From: Jonathan Marsden
Subject: Re: [be] Bibledit 3.7 in SIL repositories?
Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 18:02:51 -0700

Martin Tlustos wrote:

If the SIL repository is not up to date at this moment, then you could
try:

deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/jmarsden/ppa/ubuntu jaunty main

Unluckilly it only has versions for intrepid...

Which Debian or Ubuntu distribution (and what CPU architecture) are you looking for a bibledit 3.7 package for? From the suggested sources.list line, I'll guess Jaunty :)

Uploading bibledit_3.7-1~jaunty1 packages to my PPA now...

I have Jaunty packages for both i386 and amd64, and I think I tested building it once in a Karmic pbuilder chroot too... and if you use Debian, it is already in Debian unstable, and it is currently just one dependency (gtkhtml3.14) away from being in Debian testing (squeeze). See http://packages.qa.debian.org/b/bibledit.html for details on that.

I didn't know there was such a thing as an SIL package repository... who decides what gets put in that repository? Long term, it is usually better that packages get included in the distributions themselves, but if there is an urgent need, maybe those who manage the SIL repository can be asked to add current bibledit packages to it?

Jonathan