bibledit-general

[be] Re: How do I upgrade?

From: Mark Duling
Subject: [be] Re: How do I upgrade?
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2011 20:22:17 -0700

Hi.

I currently have the 4.1 version of bibledit installed on my mac. How do I
upgrade? Or for that matter, how do I uninstall? Then I can reinstall the
latest version.

Brian

 Hi Brian,

Did you install it using macports?  If so, you could do this:

sudo port selfupdate (get the latest versions - bibledit 4.2 is now in macports)
sudo port upgrade bibledit

or if there are any problems with that, or as an alternative you can also do this:

sudo port uninstall bibledit
sudo port clean --all bibledit
sudo port install bibledit

If you manually installed it I'm not sure how to delete it properly since it all depends.  That is one of the reasons I don't do manual installs anymore and only use macports.  I hope that helps.

Mark