bibledit-general

[be] Bibledit printing through internal typesetter

From: Loren Hawthorne
Subject: [be] Bibledit printing through internal typesetter
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 15:39:14 -0700

I really like the results I can get printing through the internal typesetter. There are a few things that if tweaked might well make this adequate for making a PDF to post on-line or to make available by print-on-demand. One of these is the verse numbers left hanging at the end of the line. I have a cc table that fixes this if you have it show you the code before generating the PDF. I then save that text to a file and run the cc and paste the text back into the window that Bibledit gives me.

There are a few other things I'm interested in tweaking. Is there any kind of reference available for the formatting commands? What program is being used to do the internal typesetting?

Two things that currently come to mind that I might want to mess with:
1. Forcing line breaks in section heads
2. Adding discretionary hyphens in the source text that would be applied in the format. This is more of a priority 2 thing.

For number 1 above, I would need to know how to force a line break in the formatting language. For number 2, I would need to know what character or string could be used as a discretionary (optional) hyphen.

If anyone is interested in the cc table, let me know.

--Loren