bibledit-general

Re: [be] Bibledit-Gtk 4.8 released

From: Teus Benschop
Subject: Re: [be] Bibledit-Gtk 4.8 released
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2013 12:25:41 +0200

The change in the project notes editor was necessitated because the GtkHtml library Bibledit-Gtk used in earlier versions is being phased out in favour of WebKit/GTK+. The new project notes editor uses the WebKit/GTK+ library.

OpenSUSE already had removed the development version of GtkHtml from their newest OS release. Bibledit-Gtk could only be installed there after a lot of trouble. After the switch to WebKit/GTK+, it installs easily.

After the switch, I failed to find a way to focus the notes editor when activated.

WebKit being used in some modern browsers, I wonder if the non-Roman keyboard works properly when entering non-Roman text into an online editor in a Webkit based browser?
If it does, then the bug would be somewhere in the "GTK+" part of the "WebKit/GTK+" library. .If it does not, then the bug would be in the WebKit engine itself.