bino-list

Re: [Bino-list] Patch: auto-placement and sizing for 3D equalizer screen

From: Martin Lambers
Subject: Re: [Bino-list] Patch: auto-placement and sizing for 3D equalizer screen
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2010 21:41:19 +0100

Hi Stefan!

On 30/11/10 17:20, Stefan Eilemann wrote:
> attached is the promised patch which automatically places the 3D
> screen according to the current Equalizer configuration. The algorithm
> looks for the segment(s) which are as parallel as possible to the x,y
> plane, calculates the canvas frustum according to each segment's
> viewport, finds the 'highest' of these and uses this height & distance
> to place the screen.
>
> In short, it magically places the screen correctly, I hope.

Thanks! I now applied all three 3D mode patches (combined into one):
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/bino.git/commit/?id=8832aa87a0fb8b2e0428fade3e116ee42f90d985

I made some tiny changes; a few of them were necessary to make this
compile with Equalizer 0.9.1.

Can you give an example situation where this mode is useful, preferrably
with a configuration file example for doc/multi-display.txt? That would
make things clearer for potential users.

Regards,
Martin