bino-list

[Bino-list] Binary releases

From: Martin Lambers
Subject: [Bino-list] Binary releases
Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2011 12:20:36 +0100

Hi all!

I decided to not publish binary packages in the Bino download area on
Savannah, for the following reasons:

- Building and maintaining binary releases takes time that I would
rather spend on working on the source code.

- I can only built binaries for a very limited number of platforms, so
others would have to send me binaries for their platforms.

- I would have to digitally sign every binary (including those provided
by others) before it can appear in the Savannah download area, and thus
take responsibility for it.

For these reasons, the Bino project provides source code only.

The download section of the website may link to external sites that
provides binaries for various platforms. These binaries are the sole
responsibility of their respective publishers. If you provide Bino
binaries for a particular platform, you can send me the link and I will
add it to that list.

Martin