bino-list

Re: [Bino-list] linux patches for 0.9.2

From: Martin Lambers
Subject: Re: [Bino-list] linux patches for 0.9.2
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2011 19:48:08 +0100

Hello Jürgen!

On 08/03/11 12:39, Jürgen Löb wrote:
> bino did not work for me with linux. It failed to verify the GL
> context and the OpenAL context.

Regarding the GL format patch:

As you suggested, I disabled Alpha in the GL format, because we are
currently not using it:
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/bino.git/commit/?id=1bae185ccbb12a166788cdb8d70ea158e5e08dea

However, the problem you are seeing is most likely a limitation of your
particular OpenGL implementation/driver, and we may have to re-enable
alpha later when/if we implement subtitles or an on-screen display.

Regarding the AL context patch:

This is most likely wrong, because alcCreateContext is specified to
return NULL on error. See
<http://connect.creativelabs.com/openal/Documentation/OpenAL%201.1%20Specification.htm>
Sec. 6.2.2. I see that Gentoo has OpenAL 1.11 marked as stable, maybe it
helps to update to 1.12?

Martin