bino-list

[Bino-list] Subtitles for stereoscopic 3d videos with ASS

From: Martin Lambers
Subject: [Bino-list] Subtitles for stereoscopic 3d videos with ASS
Date: Sat, 09 Apr 2011 11:45:54 +0200

Hi all,

Bino now supports subtitles in ASS format. Attached is a minimal example
of an animated subtitle script (you can use it with any video).

Currently, we have a single subtitle parallax adjustment that sets the
depth of the subtitle for the whole video.

If ASS had a 'parallax' attribute or something equivalent, we could
place subtitles at the appropriate depth according to each scene's
content instead. We could also experiment with different subtitle depths
in the same scene, e.g. for different actors or for captions.
Using the ASS animation command, we could even have subtitles that float
in 3D space!

Is anyone interested in introducing such an attribute to LibASS?

Martin