bino-list

[Bino-list] FFmpeg vs. Libav

From: Martin Lambers
Subject: [Bino-list] FFmpeg vs. Libav
Date: Sat, 06 Aug 2011 12:00:50 +0200

Hi all,

regarding the FFmpeg/Libav split:

The current Bino version (in the Git repository) works with FFmpeg
0.7.x, FFmpeg 0.8.x, and Libav 0.7.x. I plan to keep Bino compatible to
all three release series as long as they remain API compatible. When
they some day become incompatible, it will hopefully be clear which one
of the projects is the "winner" and will be picked up by most users, so
that we know which one to use.

I currently recommend to use FFmpeg instead of Libav, not because I take
sides in the messy project split/fork/whatever, but because ASS
subtitles do not work with Libav 0.7.x.

Martin