bino-list

Re: [Bino-list] Question about Bino

From: Martin Lambers
Subject: Re: [Bino-list] Question about Bino
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2011 15:22:42 +0100

On Sat, 17 Dec 2011 14:21:27 -0800, Andrew McGinn wrote:
> With this download, I could put a blu-ray into my 2010 Macbook Pro and play
> 3d blu ray?

No, there is no support for BluRay discs in Bino, and there will most
probably never be. Due to the hostile restrictions around BluRay discs,
a truly free software player might never exist.

You need to first convert the data from your BluRay disc into a sane
format before you can play it, but that may not be legal in your
jurisdiction even though you paid for your disc.

Martin